Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's been way to long!

A whole bunch of stuff has happened since I last wrote in here! I'll start with the fact that Bobby's job has just taken off! I can tell how happy he has become with being able to provide for me & Brandon. He works really long hrs driving his truck & trailer loaded with cars to L.A., SLC, Vegas, and occasionally Phoenix. But I can tell he likes his work and he likes the paychecks. Which isn't a whole ton but we are so grateful to be able to support ourselves and to start to really get back on our feet. It has taken quite a while to get to this point together but we are so happy now! We moved into our new place which is a house that we split with some roommates. They have the upstairs and we have the downstairs and so far the arrangement has all parties happy. I still have a few boxes that are unpacked... I'm a little afraid to completely unpack in case we have to move again soon, which we hopefully won't. I can't see why we would. Things are going great and the rent is super affordable & cheap. When we first moved into the place it took us 2 weeks (well more just me cause bobby was working) of painting, shampooing, and cleaning before I could even start to unpack! We got a puppy! A whole new ball game for me, she is a jack-russell terrier, mostly white with a black & brown mask on her face and she is the friendliest puppy ever! Her name is Hope and she has finally started to play with Brandon and I love to see that! We got her in the first place to be a friend to Brandon and it took a while for them to get used to the idea of being each others friend. Brandon still bullies her a little, not on purpose or anything, he just doesn't know what kind of attention to give her. But we are working on him being nice to the puppy :) Brandon is growing bigger every day and I love to watch him! He is learning his ABC's right now and his favorite letter is "O" he can pick it out anywhere! But he is starting to learn other letters and its amazing to see. He is talking more and more legibly everyday and his vocabulary is growing as well. He loves to race up and down the living room and kitchen floors yelling "Go! Go! Go!" and he does like to go go go. Everytime we step outside he points to the car and tries his hardest to drag me to the car so we can go somewhere. He doesn't seem to care where, just as long as we go! This morning Brandon painted the pumpkin Grandma Omer gave him for halloween, its a cute small pumpkin and just the right size! I first helped him paint a smiley face and then he thought it needed to be improved and he finished smearing the paint all over :) He did a great job! I love that he is finally at the point where he can be patient enough to sit and paint/draw/color. About 2 weeks ago my family had a scare when my older sister Corrie went to the hospital severely dehydrated and sick with viral meningitis. She is still recovering. I went up to her house for about a week and babysat her boys so she could stay at my sister Nicole's house and recover without the noise and distraction of being a mother.

I think that is about all that has been happening that is big since I last posted...

1 comments:

Awww! So wonderful to finally hear something good going on in your day to days! I miss you but i'm thrilled you're doing so well! Expect a phone call in the next few weeks from me our baby is on her way here ASAP (and it's not fast enough in my book!)